Results of this year’s Achievement Awards
Congratulations CCRW Members!
At a recent executive board meeting President Sherese Settelmeyer reported that once again this year our club took home a Diamond Award at the National Federation of Republican Women Conference in Orlando, Florida in September. She thanked Mary Burgoon, Achievement Award Chair, for keeping track of volunteer hours and submitting the necessary reports. All the hard working members who put in those hours each year were lauded for their outstanding effort. Our teamwork has resulted in the CCRW consistently receiving the annual Diamond Award.
The Achievement Awards are designed to enhance teamwork among members of each of our 17 clubs in Nevada. Volunteers submit worksheets listing all club activities performed, i.e.,, membership, development, program, leadership development, campaign activities and community relations can be counted. The current period (ending May 10, 2021) covered 2020 & 2021 and included any functions planned for the remainder of the year.
There are four levels of achievement:
- Bronze Award (155-179 points)
- Silver Award (180-194 points)
- Gold Award (195-219 points)
- Diamond Award (greater than 220 points)
NOTE: Carson City has consistently received the Diamond Award. Please help us achieve this honor again by reporting all your volunteer hours. Contact chairperson Mary Burgoon at: email@example.com or 775-315-0993 for any questions.
NFRW Policy for Counting Volunteer Hours
The Campaign Award Program is an effective tool to demonstrate the power of Republican Federated Women at the local, state and national levels. The program honors Clubs and State Federations that spend tremendous amounts of time volunteering (non–paid) for our Republican Party, our Republican candidates, and our Federation of Republican Women,
The following policy details which activities can be included in your volunteer campaign hours:
- All non–paid campaign activities benefiting our Republican Party, candidates, and/or the Federation.
- Campaign work done within or outside the home, including mailings, phone calls, computer work, and social media postings or blogging.
- Work at and/or for a special campaign event – but NOT if you attend as a paid guest OR if you are compensated for the event.
- Attendance at (and travel portal to portal) State or National Federation Board of Directors Meetings and Conventions – as well as time spent in preparation for Federation meetings if you serve on a committee.
- Time in session at (and travel portal to portal) municipality, precinct/ward, county, district, or state party conventions.
- Time in session at (and travel portal to portal) RNC conventions.
- Time spent as a county, state, or national party committee member or as a temporary member, i.e. Rules Committee, Resolutions Committee, etc.
- Campaign work at club meetings, i.e., getting petitions signed, doing mailings. DO NOT COUNT TIME SPENT IN REGULAR BUSINESS AT CLUB MEETINGS.
- Traveling from event to event – but NOT for personal stops en route.
- Volunteering at any municipality, county, state or Federation headquarters.
- Volunteering for a Republican candidate for a non–partisan office, e.g. school board elections.
- Working as a poll watcher on Election Day – but NOT if you are paid.
- Involvement in a Campaign Management School, i.e. training to be a faculty member, teaching and organizing a campaign school.
- Working on Election Day as an Election Judge or Election Clerk – but only if you turn the money you are paid over to your county party or your local FRW club.
- Presenting campaign programs or speeches at local civic organizations – but NOT if paid.
- Appearing on local media for the GOP cause.
- Running for office – all time spent campaigning.
- Time spent registering voters.
- Hours spent as editor of a club newsletter or state newsletter and hours spent as club yearbook chairman.
- The time of Associate members (women) volunteering for the Federation or individual clubs, or GOP, i.e. working at the HQ of the Party or a candidate, putting up signs, etc. can only be counted by ONE individual club, the primary club of the member. The time of Associate members (men) volunteering can be counted in the primary club of his spouse or friend who is the member of that club.
THIS IS AN AWARD GIVEN FOR “POLITICAL CAMPAIGN” TIME. IT DOES NOT include time for charitable, civic or anything other than volunteer time given as detailed herein. It does NOT include time spent on other NFRW programs that are not related to working on campaigns. Please check with the Achievement Awards Chairman to see if charitable, civic and other volunteer time fits within one of the Achievement Awards categories.
National Federation of Republican Women – Individual and Club Campaign Award Form